Planning Committee Meeting
The next Planning Committee Meeting will be held on Friday, December 4, 2015 at 2:00 pm.
Located at the Sacramento Metro Fire Department 6609 Rio Linda Blvd, Rio Linda, CA 95673
Agenda to be determined.
We want to Congratulate the RLECWD customers for working hard To SAVE WATER!!
May water reduction: 39%
June water reduction: 35.5%
July water reduction: 41.8%
August water reduction: 38.3%
September water reduction: 24.6%
October water reduction: 25.6%
Voluntary 1 day a week watering
The last two months we have not met our reduction target of 36% so we will have to focus on indoor water savings to help reach our goal during the winter months.
As the Fall and Winter approach us, landscape will no longer require as much water as when the temperatures were warmer. Please adjust your timers and watering schedule to reflect cooler temperatures.
Sprinklers should be Turned OFF when it is raining!!
Fall and Winter Saving Tips…
● Check your sprinkler timers (zones/stations) for correct scheduled days and times.
● Check your sprinkler system often for any cracked or broken sprinkler heads.
● Install a battery in your sprinkler timer. When the power goes out, the timer reverts back to manufactured settings and will water every day/multiple times per day.
● No watering 48 hrs after measurable rain per the Governors Mandated Regulations.
● Cut back irrigating times
● Look around the house for leaks and repair them within 48 hrs
● Change out high water use fixtures to water efficient fixtures
● Take 5 minute showers
● Turn of the faucet when brushing your teeth and washing dishes
● When watering please avoid runoff onto sidewalks/gutters
● Open hoses shall be equipped with a shut off nozzle
The Rio Linda / Elverta Water District has declared “Stage 3” water restriction. For more information regarding the restrictions, please refer to the link below from the Ordinance 2008-01 with regards to “Stage 3” conservation measures.
Please use the following Watering Scheduling per the Ordinance No. 2008-01 Please note : No watering any day between the hours of 6:00 pm – 9:00pm. Voluntary 1 day a week watering.
Thursday – Even Address
Sunday – Even Address
Wednesday – Odd Address
Saturday – Odd Address
To report a water waste call, please call the District Office at (916) 991-1000 or send an email to email@example.com.
RLECWD accepts employment applications on a continuous basis. For more details on current job openings please visit our Employment Opportunities page.