Planning Committee Meeting
Planning Committee meeting will be held Friday, June 3, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
Location : Sacramento Metro Fire Department 6609 Rio Linda Blvd, Rio Linda, CA 95673
Agenda to be determined.
We want to Congratulate the RLECWD customers for working hard To SAVE WATER!!
May: 39% June: 35.5%
July: 41.8% August: 38.3%
September: 24.6% October: 25.6%
November: 34% December: 25.1%
On December 21, 2015, The Board of Directors approved changes to the Conservation Ordinance for The Rio Linda / Elverta CWD which went in effect January 21, 2016.
Ordinance No. 2015-01
Stage 2- Water Warning
(typically April thru October)**
● Lawns and/or ground cover may be watered and landscaping/pastures may be irrigated for properties with
ODD number street addresses only on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
EVEN number street addresses only on Sundays and Thursdays.
● Plant containers, trees, shrubs and vegetable gardens may be watered additional days using drip irrigation or hand watering.
● No watering after 48 hours of measureable rain per the Governor’s Mandated Regulations.
● Failing to fix leaks or faulty sprinklers within 7 days of detection.
● Allowing water to leave customer’s property by drainage onto adjacent properties or public or private roadways or streets due to excessive irrigation and/or uncorrected leaks.
● Using water to wash down sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, tennis courts, or other paved areas except to alleviate immediate safety or sanitation hazards.
● Private vehicle/equipment washing conducted with a hose must include an automatic shutoff nozzle and hand-held bucket.
The washing of vehicles is permitted only on watering days.
Odd: Saturdays and Wednesdays
Even: Sundays and Thursdays
● Open hoses must be equipped with automatic shutoff nozzles.
Please click the link below for the full Ordinance.
To report a water waste call, please call the District Office at (916) 991-1000 or send an email to email@example.com.
RLECWD accepts employment applications on a continuous basis. For more details on current job openings please visit our Employment Opportunities page.