Planning Committee Meeting
The next Planning Committee Meeting will be held Friday, May 6, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
Located at the Sacramento Metro Fire District 6609 Rio Linda Blvd, Rio Linda, CA 95673
Agenda to be determined.
We want to Congratulate the RLECWD customers for working hard To SAVE WATER!!
May: 39% June: 35.5%
July: 41.8% August: 38.3%
September: 24.6% October: 25.6%
November: 34% December: 25.1%
On December 21, 2015, The Board of Directors approved changes to the Conservation Ordinance for The Rio Linda / Elverta CWD which went in effect January 21, 2016.
Ordinance No. 2015-01
Stage 2- Water Warning
(typically April thru October)**
● Lawns and/or ground cover may be watered and landscaping/pastures may be irrigated for properties with
ODD number street addresses only on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
EVEN number street addresses only on Sundays and Thursdays.
● Plant containers, trees, shrubs and vegetable gardens may be watered additional days using drip irrigation or hand watering.
● No watering after 48 hours of measureable rain per the Governor’s Mandated Regulations.
● Failing to fix leaks or faulty sprinklers within 7 days of detection.
● Allowing water to leave customer’s property by drainage onto adjacent properties or public or private roadways or streets due to excessive irrigation and/or uncorrected leaks.
● Using water to wash down sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, tennis courts, or other paved areas except to alleviate immediate safety or sanitation hazards.
● Private vehicle/equipment washing conducted with a hose must include an automatic shutoff nozzle and hand-held bucket.
The washing of vehicles is permitted only on watering days.
Odd: Saturdays and Wednesdays
Even: Sundays and Thursdays
● Open hoses must be equipped with automatic shutoff nozzles.
Please click the link below for the full Ordinance.
To report a water waste call, please call the District Office at (916) 991-1000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RLECWD accepts employment applications on a continuous basis. For more details on current job openings please visit our Employment Opportunities page.