Top Ways to Save
The average household in the Sacramento region uses about 380 gallons a day.  Typically 65% or about 250 gallons of a household’s water is used outdoors leaving about 35% or about 130 gallons for indoor use.  How do you use water at home?  Are you overwatering your lawn?  How do you know you are overwatering? What activity uses the most water indoors?  We all use water every day. Think about how you use water and use the tips below to see if you can use water even more efficiently. Little actions every day can make BIG impacts for our region.

water-usage

INDOORS

1. Install high efficiency toilets and clothes washers
2. Take 5 minute shower instead of 10 minute shower
3. Fix leaky toilets, showerheads and faucets

OUTDOORS

1. Limit watering to two days a week or less
2. Adjust sprinklers to reduce overspray and runoff
3. Add 2 to 3 inches of organic mulch around trees and plants to reduce evaporation

For Tips inside and Outdoor use, please visit..
Save Our Water

BeWaterSmart.info