Finding & Fixing your Leak
Failing to fix leaks or faulty sprinklers within 7 days of detection is considered unreasonable use in California. It remains unlawful at any time and for any person to waste water or to use it unreasonably. Governor Brown has issued an Executive Order to continue water savings even beyond the drought.
The toilet is common source of unnoticed leaks. Undetected, hundreds of gallons of water can be wasted each day.
If you suspect a leak and need assistance in determining its location, please call our local office at 916-991-1000. We offer free dye tablets to check the toilets for leaks.
Common Water Loss Sources
- Toilets – faulty refill valve or a worn out flapper are the most common source of leaks.
- Dripping faucets & spigots – fixing that slow & steady drip will help you win the race against leaks. Replacing the washer & gasket might be what you need.
- Outdoor Irrigation – malfunctioning equipment can waste water even when not in use.
- Pool/Fountains – Even a leak the size of a pinhole can drain hundreds of gallons a day.
- A water fixture running non-stop all day.